EPCs for Homes in the Sheffield Area
A residential Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is a report which shows the energy efficiency of the property. The inspection involves a site visit of approximately one hour to:
* calculate the volume of the property
* take photographic evidence of any heat sources, control systems and insulation
* identify the date of and construction type of the main property and any extensions
* check the type of glazing
* calculate the percentage of low energy lights in fixed outlets
This report is logged onto a central data base and it is valid for 10 years from date of lodgement. The domestic energy survey or EPC includes recommendations on how to improve the energy efficiency of the property. The higher the rating the lower the fuel bills so tenants are more likely to afford the rent. Evidence of any improvements made to the property during this period of time should be attached to the existing report.
A domestic EPC costs from £60. This includes the lodgement fee.
EPCs are audited on a regular basis by the assessors accreditation scheme to ensure national standards of assessment are being met.
The EPC is produced using government approved software then it is emailed to the client as a .pdf file.
For advice or to book your domestic energy survey please contact us.