EPCs for Businesses in the Sheffield Area
Commercial Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are required for all commercial properties marketed for sale or to rent.
A level 3 EPC is required for existing properties with standard heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
The inspection involves a site visit of at least one hour to:
* calculate the volume of the property and assign an activity to each part of the property
* take photographic evidence of any heat sources, control systems and insulation
* identify the date of and construction type of the main property and any extensions
* check the type of glazing
* check the types of lighting within the property
This report is logged onto a central data base and it is valid for 10 years from date of lodgement. The commercial energy survey or EPC includes recommendations on how to improve the energy efficiency of the property. The lower the rating the lower the fuel bills. Evidence of any improvements made to the property during this period of time should be attached to the existing report.
The cost of a level 3 commercial EPC depends on the size and complexity of the property, prices start from £185.
Since October 1st 2008 it has been a legal requirement for a Commercial EPC to be produced for each commercial property offered for sale or let. In order to comply with government legislation a Commercial EPC should be made available to any new tenant or purchaser of commercial premises as soon as marketing commences.
For advice or to book your commercial energy survey please contact us.